You may have heard stories about bloggers such as Neil Patel making as much as $381,772 a month from blogging, but how can a newbie blogger make money online?
Neil isn’t the only person making good money online blogging. He just happens to be someone whose progress I have followed with fascination. But his was no over-night success story – he started blogging in 2001 at the age of 16. He’s dedicated his life to it and he’s VERY good at it.
If you were to do the same, you could maybe make that sort of money 20 years from now. But it’s a big maybe, and I’m guessing you weren’t quite planning that much wait.
Sadly, for every Neil, there are hundreds, probably thousands of bloggers with very attractive blogs that they spend a lot of time and money maintaining, but they don’t even cover their costs.
Cost of Blogging?
What – you thought you could start a blog for free?
Well…. You can on some platforms, but if the platform is free, you may find you’re restricted in how you can use THEIR platform. If you’re planning to use a free platform such as Wix, Blogger or WordPress.com check their Terms and Conditions for monetization very carefully.
To have freedom about what you post, you need to own your own blog – which you can do at WordPress.org (be careful…. It’s .org, not .com). And to be strictly correct, check with your hosting company too, that they will allow the type of content you want to write about. (For instance, some don’t allow blogs about lotteries, as I found out to my cost in an earlier blogging life!)
While WordPress itself is free, you need to pay for hosting (where it lives). Cheap hosting is two-a-penny. Reliable, fast hosting is NOT. Although I am a team blogger here, I have a blog of my own and it costs a few hundred dollars a year to host.
Yes, I know there are far cheaper hosts about. I have tried several of them.
You get what you pay for, and when my blog was hacked out of existence the cheap hosts didn’t want to know me. With the hosting company I use now, I have never been hacked, and the average response when I have problems is about 5 minutes!
That’s why I pay so much. For the support when I have problems I can’t solve myself.
Problems? You thought it was supposed to be easy?
Well… when everything is working fine, it IS easy, but every so often you’ll bump into a problem that you have no idea how to fix.
What Can Go Wrong With a Blog?
Too much to even start telling you about the problems I’ve had with my blogs over the years. For instance….
- I made several newbie set-up mistakes and had to keep going back and fixing things as my skills improved. (I was too tight to pay $50 for the course that would have helped me learn blogging more quickly.)
- Choosing the wrong (and expensive) theme and then can’t get out of it because I’ve used too many features
- Hacked several times – lost the lot – and the (cheap) hosting company had forgotten to take a back-up
- Article sooo slow to load (on cheap hosting) that visitors wouldn’t wait
- May need bits of HTML or CSS code
- File permissions
- Plug-in / theme conflicts
- Need to be sure it’s mobile friendly
- SSL certification
- Developing quality backlinks
- Avoiding bad badlinks
- Build relationships with other bloggers who will write good content for your blog
- Likewise, be-friend bloggers who will let you post on their blog and link to your own
- And that’s not to mention the constant struggle to get visitors and devote enough time to blogging for your blog to be popular with Google
It’s not as simple as ‘they’ tell you, by a long way, and personally I know far more bloggers not even covering their costs, than bloggers running profitable blogs.
Yet, somehow we (and I include myself as an unprofitable blogger on my own blog) are just addicted to blogging and keep on going, hoping one day we’ll hit the jackpot.
Is There An Easier Way to Make Money Blogging?
- It had already been set up for you correctly
- All the costs had already been paid for you – hosting, domain, theme
- Someone sorted out any technical problems that came up
- You are given free training in how to optimise keywords so that Google will send visitors to your articles
- Then someone assembles a group of bloggers who all commit to making quality posts regularly, so Google starts paying attention to your articles – a rising tide lifts all ships
- You’re all on the same wavelength, encouraging each other along the way
- You are actively encouraged to add your own affiliate links to your article so that you can make money from your blog posts by linking to…
- A state-of-the-art shop, ready made for you, and shipping to most countries in the world
Now doesn’t that sound an easier way for a newbie blogger to make money online?
What Affiliate Links Would You Monetize Your Blog With?
This is actually the icing on the cake, because we all belong to company selling a superb range of all-natural, raw, organic, 100% plant-based products, including:
- Weight Loss
- Coffee and Tea
- Personal Care
- CBD Product
- Essential Oils
- Pet Products (including CBD Pet Products)
These are products that can help with problems that people are asking about daily. So when we write blog articles about these problems, structured as we are taught, because our ‘communal blog’ is popular, the search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc) may offer articles we have written as solutions to people. Some of these readers may become customers for the products we sell. Some may even become repeat customers.
The current range includes over 200 products, many of which are at the $30 price point. Or you can buy ‘Love Boxes’ where you will make a saving on the cost of buying the individual products.
Who Supplies the Products We Sell?
It’s a company called HBNaturals (click here to learn more) a global company committed to sourcing nutritionally rich, dairy-free, cruelty-free, GMO-free, organic ingredients direct from farmers. The family run company has been in business for seven years, passing the 5 year stage within which new companies are most prone to failure.
How Much Does An Online Shop Cost?
- After a 30 day free trial, an Etsy shop costs $15 a month
- A basic eBay store costs $27.95 per month
- With HBNaturals there is no monthly cost for your own online shop! All part of the package.
- Neither is there a start-up cost or annual renewal fee
You are encouraged to place a monthly product order yourself. You wouldn’t want to sell products without having tried them, would you?
You do not have to hold stock (unless you choose to). Order fulfilment and world-wide shipping are handled for you by head office.
Can Anyone Become A Blogger With Our Team?
When you become a distributor through my link (see below) you can take our structured training which allows you to post to the team blog articles that include your links.
Whether you are a newbie blogger, or an experienced blogger, you are welcome to contribute. The only qualification is that you follow the free training and, of course, post some articles!
While you should start to see income, it’s not realistic to expect that a newbie blogger can make money online fast. Look at how many years Neil Patel has been blogging.
But when you commit yourself to a regular program of blogging for 90 days you should start to see some results. The sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll see results!
For New or Experienced Bloggers
Instead of trying to go it alone click here to claim a FREE HBNaturals membership and learn how to become a profitable blogger in our team.