Magnesium is a mineral found in plants, the earth, and in all of human’s tissue. It is an important nutrient that helps our body stay healthy.
Here are the 5 Reasons You Should be Taking Magnesium
- Along with calcium, it can assist with Healthy Bone Formation. Magnesium helps to regulate calcium and Vitamin D levels, and this is very important with bone density. Females after menopause run the risk of osteoporosis because of lack of calcium in the bones, Magnesium has been credited with stabilizing functions in bone building.
- Magnesium plays a major role in calming the nervous system, therefore, can be a natural Treatment of Depression and Anxiety. Mood disorder such as depression and anxiety have been treated with antidepressant drugs. But these drugs are not always effective as they have been accused of causing an increased number in suicides. Magnesium was found effective in treatment of depression, anxiety, and in our Reason 3, migraine headaches.
- A lack of Magnesium may also contribute to Headaches and Migraines. Traditional painkillers have treated migraines in the past, but some people use magnesium to treat and prevent migraine symptoms. The American Migraine Foundation writes in an article, “The ideal medication for prevention and treatment of migraine would have no side effects, no risk, would be safe in pregnancy, as well as being highly effective while remaining inexpensive. Of course, no such medication exists, but magnesium comes closer than many interventions on all these fronts.” (https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/resource-library/magnesium/)
- Low levels of Magnesium can be seen in people with Type 2 Diabetes. “A 2015 review in the World Journal of Diabetes reports that most, but not all, people with diabetes have low magnesium and that magnesium may play a role in diabetes management.” In addition, a systematic review from 2017, suggests that taking magnesium supplements can also improve insulin sensitivity in people with low magnesium levels.
- And finally, Magnesium can help with Cardiovascular Health. “Getting adequate magnesium either through diet, supplements, or both can both prevent heart disease in most people and reverse heart disease risk factors that are so often treated with medications that have unwanted side effects for many.” (https://www.todaysgeriatricmedicine.com/archive/050613p30.shtml)
Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and weakness are early signs of Magnesium deficiency. You should also pay attention to numbness, tingling, muscle contractions, cramps, seizures, and personality changes as these too are signs of Magnesium deficiency that can increase illness overtime.
What are The Best Ways to Get the Magnesium My Body Needs?
A plant-based diet offers the nutrients our bodies need, and Magnesium is found in some of our everyday foods. Nuts like cashews, almonds, and peanuts are among some of the foods that contain Magnesium. You can also find it in avocado, cooked brown rice, and bananas. Another way to get enough magnesium is through supplements. There are some over the counter pills that provide the daily recommended amount but can sometimes act as a laxative.
If you would rather apply Magnesium as a lotion, HB Naturals provides a topical product called Pain. Pain by HB Naturals can be used as a treatment to back pain, muscular tension, but contrary to the name, Pain Magnesium Lotion is used for more than just muscle pain. It can be used for cramps, fatigue, and stress with no unpleasant laxative effect. It has a calming effect on both the body and mind because of its use of essential oils. https://hbnaturals.com/pain.asp?site=VeronicaValencia
If using a dropper is better than using lotion, HB Naturals offers an essential biomineral product called Magnesium BeCalm. It too has a vital role in regulating the thousands of biochemical reactions that occur on an ongoing basis, sufficient Magnesium is essential to achieving the delicate balance necessary to the body’s function. It is placed under the tongue and can be used on children.https://hbnaturals.com/magnesium.asp?site=VeronicaValencia
For more information, please visit: https://hbnaturals.com/VeronicaValencia
Email [email protected]