Although it’s nigh on impossible to stop being worried about being made redundant, if you’re at risk of losing your job, it’s more productive instead to channel the worry into preparing for unexpected job loss.
Here are 9 tips for keeping ahead of your redundancy fears
- Look at your current work situation – can you make yourself more indispensable to your employer?
- Make a personal budget of what your expenses are – which are essential and which can be trimmed – now – don’t wait until the worst happens
- Look carefully at expenses, especially cell-phone usage – is it all absolutely necessary?
- Google yourself and tidy up your social media accounts as any prospective employer will surely be looking at them.
- Start paying off any debt to reduce your most expensive interest payments.
- If you are lucky enough to have no debt, start building up your ‘rainy day money’.
- Look round your home – is there anything you can sell?
- Think about the life skills you have that can help you make a living in another way.
- Start a part-time business alongside your current employment so that you have something already in place should your redundancy fears become a reality.
But beware – there are good and bad ways to start a part-time business:
Risky Ways to Start a Part-time Business
Many people thinking about working from home with a part-time business will naturally turn to the Internet for advice. Beware – one of the worst things you can do is to go online and type in ‘How to make money online”. You will immediately see paid-for Ads with very tempting offers and promises.
There will be ‘beautiful people’ posing on snazzy cars in front of luxurious houses promising you that you too can be making money online, with no outlay, in just days. “And they will help you – because they want to ‘give back to society’ ”.
They are looking to lure you into spending money with them, often on high-priced training courses, that you will then be ‘trained’ to sell on to other unsuspecting victims to recoup your own outlay.
Money that you couldn’t afford to spend – because, remember, you’re worried about being made redundant, so every dollar you spend must count.
I’ve fallen for too many of these schemes and offers in the past – believe me if there were a way to make money online, free, and with no work I would have found it!
No magic money-trees exist. Starting an online part-time business takes some work and some money.
But there is a way to minimise both. Read on….
A Safe Way to Start a Part-time Business
I am working with a team of like-minded entrepreneurs, and together we’re building a business in the extremely in-demand health and wellness industry. Just think:
- How many people are looking for ways to stay healthy? We have products to help them. A business like this health and wellness shop <<< Click here can be yours in minutes. (No – you don’t have to hold stock, make deliveries or handle customer services!)
- How many people are worried about losing their jobs through redundancy? We have a part-time business they can start with minimal cash outlay.
- We help you to find customers for both.
What’s The Catch?
No catch whatsoever. But let’s not waste each other’s time. I’ll tell you up-front what’s involved so that you can decide if this is for you:
- Cost? For the best chance of return you need to spend a minimum of about $35 a month for 3 months – but that will buy you top quality, all-natural, organic health products.
- Our team will train and help you, not (just) for the good of mankind, but because the whole team earns more money when we help you apply the training!
- Cost of the training? FREE. We only want to work with well-trained colleagues. Don’t worry – lack of previous experience may even be an advantage because you have no bad habits to unlearn. Beginners are doing well with this after failing online previously.
- How much work do you need to do? The more you do the faster you will earn – err, like most things in life (specifics below). After your initial 90 days you may be able to ease off. Or you may be on a roll and ready to accelerate!
- What is the work? It’s actually easier than you might think at first. You can either make videos or you can write articles, like this one. I spend about 6 hours a week producing 3 articles a week. People who are good with videos on their Smartphone will no doubt spend less time. It’s your choice.
- Can’t do that? You can still get started spending less time – and if you’re lucky enough to still have your job – it’s absolutely fine to start slowly. But just start – before your redundancy is a reality. Because of the way we build the team, it’s possible that just by shopping with us you MAY pick up a little cash, but better to lock arms and put in a few hours with the team.
- What are the guarantees? The products are guaranteed. However, just as your employer doesn’t guarantee he’ll never make you redundant, all I can say is that your income depends on how well you apply the training. And we will help those who help themselves!
Don’t wait until redundancy strikes – it costs nothing learn more by joining our Facebook group to get your questions answered. To find out more with no obligation, learn more about our team. Click here.