Hey, listen up.
It’s time to relax, chill out, and release those pent-up physical, mental and emotional tensions. When dealing with everyday stress and the probability of stress build-up, NOW is always the right time to be proactive; to beat stress before it beats you.
Think of stress as a silent enemy. It can sneak up on you at any time and get you down before you even realize what’s happening. More often than not stress is accompanied by it’s close companion: higher levels of anxiety.
So, what do you do?
You take action, that’s what. Your very first line of defence is to establish a habit of performing a regular relaxation routine. Getting into a deep state of relaxation induces calmness to soothe your body, your mind and your emotions.
And what is a state of calmness?
It’s the exact opposite of stress and anxiety. As a matter of fact, you could call it the antidote to stress and anxiety.
Start using this antidote. Take time out at least twice every day to do the relaxation routine outlined below. Regard this as your quality time; a time for you and you alone. Start thinking calm, feeling calm, and being calm.
- Lie down, or sit in a comfortable armchair or recliner.
- Take a deep breath and hold it for about five seconds. Release that breath slowly, and imagine all feelings of stress and tension leaving your body as you release the air. When the air has left your lungs, hold your breath once again for about five seconds before breathing in. As you breathe in imagine your body and mind filling with calmness.
- Repeat this cycle of breathing a number of times until your breathing falls in a nice long, slow gentle rhythm. Allow a comfortable pause at the end of each inhalation and exhalation.
- As you maintain the relaxing rhythm of your breathing, bring your attention to the top of your head. Imagine that all the tiny muscles in your scalp are being soothed and massaged by warm invisible hands.
- Feel the warm hands massaging around your ears and down along the back of your neck to the tops of your shoulders.
- Now bring your attention to your forehead. Feel those invisible fingers smoothing away any wrinkles that may be in your forehead.
- Next, focus on your eyes. Imagine the warm fingers gentle massaging all around your eyes. Feel the relaxing warmth from the fingers spreading throughout your eyes; feel your eyes relaxing and letting go of all tensions.
- Think of the soothing hands massaging the rest of your face. Notice how your lower jaw relaxes and notice how this cosy, warm feeling of relaxation spreads into your tongue.
- Check your breathing once again to make sure it’s rhythm is long and slow.
- Now bring your attention to the invisible hands and imagine them massaging and loosening your shoulders and shoulder blades. Imagine what it would be like if waves of relaxation were flowing down along your arms and into your fingertips.
- Those massaging hands now work on your back. They soothe and loosen the muscles on either side of your spine, and then stroke smoothly down along the vertebrae.
- Imagine what it would be like to feel a state of deep relaxation seeping downwards into your legs and feet. Imagine how all the muscles in your legs and feet would go loose and limp.
- Allow feelings of deep relaxation and calmness to immerse your body and your mind.
- Feel yourself drifting deeper and deeper into pleasurable feelings of calmness and tranquillity.
If you perform this twice a day you will notice your stress levels lower and a better sense of well being. Diet plays a critical role as well in stress it is important to eat healthy and take supplements that will help manage your stress. Entourage sold by HB Naturals has helped quite a few people manage stress check it out today.