There comes a point in many people’s lives where they want to take things easier, but personal circumstances may mean they still wonder how do senior citizens earn money?
For myself, I had:
- Enjoyed work so much I never expected to want to retire – then realised perhaps one day I would!
- Lost my pension savings in some financial scandal.
- Re-started saving, but never quite made up lost time.
- A significant short-fall between my comfortable ‘working life’ income, and ‘projected retirement income’.
But never too late, or too early, to start making retirement plans. (As I belatedly realised.)
So… How Do Senior Citizens Earn Money?
Having been self-employed 95% of my life, I quickly dismissed any kind of part-time job at minimum wage. If I was going to give up significant number of the hours in my week, it had to be for something with a decent potential income in view.
Someone suggested I rent out a room in my house, but it’s the size it is so that family and friends can stay whenever they want. Anyway, I just don’t want to share my house with a stranger at my time of life.
Having a ‘work from home’ mentality I scoured the Internet for inspiration…
- Some of what I found was clearly rubbish, although temptingly dressed up as legitimate. I mean, although many things are promoted as ‘Make Money Free’, when you THINK, it’s obvious that if money doesn’t change hands at SOME point (either TO you or FROM you) how can there be a profit for anyone?
- Selling on eBay and Amazon brought in a small amount and cleared a few shelves, but it was quite alarming how little people expected to pay for my treasured books and possessions. It really was depressing (and time-consuming) to bring in a small amount of cash. I KNOW there are big earners on eBay and Amazon, but I was looking for a part-time retirement business, not a new career.
- Cryptocurrency businesses and / or Forex trading sounded a bit too volatile for my liking. (And my head started hurting when I was trying to go through the training.)
- Affiliate marketing (take a commission from selling a product someone else has created) is a legitimate way to make money online. However, it’s competitive, and you need to be pretty tech-savvy to set up all the tricks of the trade that you don’t understand are essential, when someone casually says “Earn $1,000 a month selling my information product at 50% commission.” I could write a whole article on the problems I found with affiliate marketing – and that’s a legitimate way to make money online, so I won’t even go there with the scams out there.
- Of course, YOU can create a digital information product, and get other people to be affiliate marketers for your product. I tried this. Writing the info product was easy. What defeated me was promoting it online at a high enough standard to be attractive to affiliates or customers.
From the above you might think I’m lazy or incompetent.
My defence is that I’m still working more or less full-time to maintain my current income, so I neither want nor need something that fills every waking minute on top of what I already do. This is supposed to lead to a part-time retirement income!
Then, while I was trying to master Social Media Marketing (sigh… it takes longer than you think it will) the friend who was helping me, suggested I take a look at a business he had already started earning from, within just a few weeks of starting. Because of a unique way it’s being promoted, once the ball gets rolling, it keeps rolling.
Suspend Doubts For a Few Minutes Please….
You’ll no doubt have heard of product based Network Marketing (NWM) businesses, but you’ve probably heard more failure stories than successes.
That’s because the way people are taught to promote them is doomed to failure.
I mean, if they told you about the rejection and hard slog that is really involved, who would join? So they dress it up in lies:
- Your family and friends will be keen to support you. No. They will actively try to discourage you!
- You don’t sell, you share. Don’t get me started on how wrong this is….
Network Marketing CAN Be Successful
Despite all the above, I know that NWM can be successful, with an in-demand repeatable product. I DID it once (with weekly lottery tickets).
But that was beginner’s luck. I tried other product-based businesses and even when I recruited people, most of my team didn’t, so the whole thing quickly fell to pieces. Never again I had said!
But when I understood how this new approach was different, I joined right away.
Become the Hunted, Not the Hunter
It’s obvious when you think about it. But I hadn’t – until now….
So if you are still looking for a legitimate, part-time, way to make money online, take a free training course and learn how to:
- Solve problems when people are looking for answers.
- Produce solutions that will stay online to be found for years to come.
So – I don’t have to stalk my family and friends, or go round cloakrooms planting business cards that are thrown away five minutes later. I don’t have to make Social Media posts day in day out (unless I want to).
Instead, the free training explains how to produce blog posts OR videos that potential customers will look for. Don’t freak out – the blog training was only about 16 minutes long. Anyone can do it. Or, maybe videos are ‘your thing’ – you can choose.
After a small amount of effort (and buying a small amount of product) to show I’m serious about building an online business, the part of the plan kicks in where I benefit from the team effort, working with other people serious about finding the answer to the question: “How Do Senior Citizens Earn Money?”
Why not take a look? If it doesn’t appeal as a long-term retirement income prospect, we can part as friends, and you can resume your search for a retirement business.
Ready to Take a Look?
If you are serious about finding a part-time online business for your retirement, please click HERE to take a free look at all we have to offer.